Health Priorities gives you peace of mind to focus on your recovery if you’re diagnosed with a covered critical illness. The right choice if you want to:
- Access your insurance amount when you need it the most
- Get to best treatment and services without waiting, including surgical, psychological, physical and occupational therapy
- Replace lost income for you, your spouse or a family member who takes time off to help you
- Pay for unexpected expenses like transportation, accommodation, child and elder care, hospital parking and even prescription drugs not covered by public health insurance or your employer’s plan
- How it works The impacts of a serious illness like cancer, a heart attack, stroke or a condition caused by an accident can be life-changing.
Health Priorities pays a tax-free benefit no matter what happens:
- If you’re diagnosed with one of the 26 covered critical illnesses and conditions including long-term care, you receive your insurance amount, which you can spend based on your needs.
- If you die, your beneficiary will receive the higher (optional benefit): – 100% of the premiums paid or – 25% of the sum insured
- If you remain in good health, you can get back up to 100% of the premiums you’ve paid (depending on the option you’ve selected. id or – 25% of the sum insured
- If you remain in good health, you can get back up to 100% of the premiums you’ve paid (depending on the option you’ve selected.